The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley specializes in evidence-based therapy for adult men and woman experiencing anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorders. We offer practical, goal-oriented therapy for adult men and women struggling with the following problems:
- Generalized Anxiety and Worry
- Social Anxiety and Shyness
- Work Anxiety and Stress
- Panic Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Hypochondriasis/Health Anxiety
- Trichotillomania/Hair Pulling
- Skin Picking
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Eating Disorders
Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Adults
Cognitive Behavior Therapy, known as “CBT,” is a practical, goal-oriented form of therapy that is focused on the present and future to help you solve current problems as well as resolve long-standing issues that are affecting you today. CBT is the most heavily researched from of therapy and is the “gold standard” for anxiety disorders, OCD, eating disorders and many other problems. In CBT, you’ll learn skills to increase positive emotions, optimism and resilience while letting go of unhelpful ways of thinking, problematic behaviors and intense emotions. The unique features of CBT include:
- Goal-Oriented: You won’t just talk about your problems. Your therapist will help you set clear, measurable goals for therapy and develop action plans to reach them. We’ll monitor progress toward reaching your goals using brief surveys.
- Evidence-Based and Personalized: In hundreds of research studies, CBT has been shown to be effective for a wide variety of problems. While your therapist keeps up to date with the latest research for the problems she treats, your treatment plan will be personalized to your unique needs.
- Practical and Concrete: Your therapist will make every effort to keep every session focused and relevant to working on the problems you want addressed in therapy. We won’t deviate to your childhood or other topics unless they seem relevant to reaching your goals.
- Active and Collaborative: In CBT, you and your therapist are partners. You will be expected to take an active role in therapy sessions and to complete homework assignments in between sessions.
- Compassionate and Client-Oriented: While helping you make positive changes in your life, your therapist will listen, empathize and develop a safe and trusting relationship with you.
How to Get Help
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley is located in Saratoga on the border of San Jose and Saratoga just 1/2 mile from Highway 85. With our convenient location near highway 85, we serve the Silicon Valley communities of San Jose, Saratoga, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Cupertino and Campbell, CA. Contact us at (408) 384-8404 for more information on how we can help you.