“I use a positive approach to counseling with children, teens and adults. I follow evidence-based CBT principles while offering a warm, compassionate style and personalizing therapy to each person. I have a strong desire to see others succeed and reach their highest potential. I have worked in a variety of settings including private practice, schools and agencies. Utilizing a collaborative approach, I partner with my clients to encourage you to discover your personal strengths and build skills to guide you toward growth and higher functioning. I strongly believe you can achieve a fulfilling life by changing perspectives and responses regardless of the obstacles faced.”
- MS, Counseling, California State University, Sacramento
- JD, McGeorge School of Law
- BA, University of California, Davis, International Relations
- Marriage and Family Therapist Intern #79433
- Supervised by Laura Johnson, Center Director, LMFT, #48807
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Anxiety, Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Sacramento Valley, Roseville, CA, 2016-present, Marriage & Family Therapist Intern: Provide individual and family therapy to adults, teens, children and families with a focus on anxiety disorders and OCD.
- White House Counseling Center, Carmichael, Aug. 2014- June 2016, Marriage and Family Therapist Intern: Counseled children, adolescents and adults in schools and agency. Worked on various assessments and developed treatment plans. Experience with crisis management and safety planning. Dealt with a variety of presenting problems including trauma, depression and suicidal ideation as well as anxiety related issues.
- Blue Sky Counseling Center, Roseville, May 2014- Oct. 2014, MFT Intern/Counselor: Provided therapy to children and adults. Presenting issues include adjustment, depression and parenting.
- Rosa Parks K-8 School, Sacramento, Dec. 2013-Jan 2014, Clinical Trainee: Counseled middle school students, providing support and strength-based therapy. Partnered with students to develop coping skills and safety plans. Facilitated anger management group with middle school students.
- Relationship Skills Center, Summer 2012, Trainee: Assisted couples in practicing communication and listening skills. Counseled clients on how to improve relationships and connection.
Special Areas of Interest:
- Anxiety Disorders and OCD in Children, Adults and Teens
- Depression and trauma-related issues
- Women’s empowerment
Additional Interest Areas:
Social anxiety, self esteem and assertiveness, phobias, panic disorder, relationship difficulties
Alina is a creative person. She loves to paint, scrapbook and go on long walks. Alina is also a life-long learner and loves to read on a variety of issues. Alina brings a multi-cultural perspective to counseling, having been born in Romania and moved to the US at age 6. Alina is married and the mother of a pre-teen and a teenager. She enjoys spending time with her family and traveling.