Child Anxiety/OCD Therapy and Counseling in San Jose/Saratoga
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley specializes in evidence-based therapy for children experiencing anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorders and anxiety-related behavioral problems. We offer practical, goal-oriented therapy for children and families struggling with the following problems:
Child Anxiety Disorders in San Jose/Saratoga
- Generalized Anxiety and Worry in Children
- Social Anxiety and Excessive Shyness in Children
- Selective Mutism in Children
- Separation Anxiety in Children
- School Anxiety/School Refusal in Children
- Phobias in Children
- Trauma/PTSD in Children
Child Obsessive Compulsive Disorders in San Jose/Saratoga
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) in Children
- Trichotillomania/Hair Pulling in Children
- Skin Picking in Children
- Tic Disorders/Tourette Syndrome in Children
- Anxiety in Children and Teens with High Functioning Autism and Asperger’s Disorder
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Children
Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Children with Anxiety/OCD in San Jose/Saratoga
Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) is the gold standard for the treatment of anxiety, OCD and other behavior problems in children. Cognitive Behavior Therapy, known as “CBT,” is a practical, goal-oriented form of therapy that is focused on the present and future to help you and your child solve current problems. In CBT, you and your child will learn coping skills to manage their thoughts, feelings and behaviors. The unique features of CBT include:
- Goal-Oriented: We won’t just play with your child or talk about their problems. Your therapist will help you set clear, measurable goals for your child’s therapy and help you develop action plans to reach them.
- Evidence-Based and Personalized: In hundreds of research studies, CBT has been shown to be effective for a wide variety of problems. While your therapist keeps up to date with the latest research for the problems she treats, your child’s treatment plan will be personalized to his/her unique needs.
- Practical and Concrete: Your therapist will make every effort to keep every session focused and relevant to working on the problems you want addressed in therapy.
- Active and Collaborative: In CBT, you, your child, and your therapist are partners. At the CBT Center, we include parents in the therapy sessions as appropriate so that you can become more effective at problem solving and helping your child to manage their anxiety and other problems in a productive way. You will be expected to take an active role in helping your child complete homework assignments in between sessions.
- Compassionate and Client-Oriented: While helping you and your child make positive changes in your lives, your therapist will listen, empathize and develop a safe and trusting relationship with you and your child.
How to Get Help for Your Child’s Anxiety or OCD in San Jose/Saratoga
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley is located in Saratoga on the border of San Jose and Saratoga just 1/2 mile from Highway 85. With our convenient location near highway 85, we serve the Silicon Valley communities of San Jose, Saratoga, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Cupertino and Campbell, CA. Contact us at (408) 384-8404 for more information on how we can help you and your child with anxiety-related problems.