Psychotherapist Job Openings at CBT Center
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley is seeking CBT-oriented therapists to join our dynamic and growing team. The CBT Center specializes in evidence-based therapy for adults, children, teens and their families with anxiety disorders, OCD and obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders and related issues.
We are seeking psychotherapists (LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, PsyD/PhD) with strong clinical skills and an interest in providing evidence-based therapy services to children, teenagers and/or adults. The ideal candidates will have some training and experience with evidence-based therapies and a strong desire to learn and work primarily from an evidence-based framework. We are especially interested in candidates with specialties in the following areas:
- Behavior therapy with children and families as well as parent coaching
- Experts in Parent Coaching Interaction Therapy (PCIT) (we are building a PCIT room with a one-way mirror)
- Exposure therapy for teens and adults with anxiety and/or OCD (willingness to do therapist-guided exposures in and outside the office)
- Group therapy: Anxiety Coping Skills Group for adults or teens
We will also consider generalists with some knowledge and training in cognitive behavior therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and/or mindfulness and acceptance therapies, and who are open to learning how to practice adherent, evidence-based CBT for anxiety and OCD.
- Provide individual and group therapy with a practical, goal-oriented, collaborative focus to help clients make positive changes in their lives.
- Conduct assessment sessions to evaluate and conceptualize client problems, obtain a diagnosis and develop treatment goals and plans.
- Establish and maintain rapport and a strong therapeutic alliance while motivating clients to be actively engaged in therapy and to complete homework assignments.
- Provide case management services (such as coordination of care and consultation with family members, schools, doctors and other providers).
- Maintain psychotherapy notes, treatment plans and case records consistent with ethical and legal standards of care.
- Track therapy results using brief surveys and other empirically-valid measurement tools.
- Keep up-to-date on the research, evidence-based treatments and best practices for the problems treated at the CBT Center.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings including staff meetings, training and consultation meetings as scheduled.
- Contribute 3-4 articles per year to the CBT Center’s newsletter.
- Perform other tasks as needed in order to deliver a high quality of client care and service.
- Perform other tasks as needed to further the mission of the CBT Center.
- Strong desire and passion to learn and work from an evidence-based cognitive-behavioral orientation to maximize therapy results.
- Some training and experience in evidence-based treatment approaches for anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders and/or eating disorders.
- Some experience and training in empirically supported cognitive-behavioral orientations such as cognitive therapy, behavior therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, mindfulness and/or acceptance and commitment therapy.
- Experience and interest in leading cognitive-behavioral therapy groups.
- All applicants must be licensed or registered in the State of California and in good standing with the Board and have one of the following designations: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Psychologist, or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC).
- Individuals who would be a good fit with the CBT Center’s culture will display a positive attitude, energy and enthusiasm for evidence-based therapy, honesty and integrity, flexibility, teamwork, a passion for learning and professional growth, a strong desire to provide high quality clinical services and build strong client relationships, and have a collaborative and friendly style.
Compensation and Benefits:
The CBT Center is a busy practice with a steady flow of referrals and we offer a supportive and collaborative work environment and opportunities for professional growth. This is a great career opportunity for someone who wants to work in a group private practice setting where you can focus on providing clinical services and building your clinical skills with collegial support without worrying about managing a practice and finding clients. Excellent hourly compensation for all hours worked including clinical hours, administrative hours, supervision, staff meetings and training. Initially, the hours will be variable as you build your case load.
The CBT Center will provide you with all your client referrals and marketing; telephone screenings of potential new clients and initial appointment scheduling; furnished office and waiting room, office computer, telephone, wifi access in the office, clinical forms and materials, office supplies and other overhead materials and supplies; paid credit card processing fees; free training, supervision and consultation in CBT and evidence-based practices to provide therapy consistent with the Center’s mission; other tools needed to provide excellent clinical care to our clients; and a supportive and team-oriented work environment.
In addition, the CBT Center will pay for the employer-paid portion of payroll taxes including social security taxes, medicare taxes, state unemployment insurance, employee training tax, and federal unemployment taxes as well as worker’s compensation insurance and malpractice insurance.
Other benefits may be available for full-time therapists who regularly see 20-30 clients per week and work more than 1,000 hours per year. These include a company-sponsored 401K program with company matching and one-week paid time off.
About the CBT Center:
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley is a growing and incorporated therapy center located on the border of San Jose and Saratoga near Westgate Mall. From this central location, the CBT Center serves diverse populations from San Jose, Saratoga, Los Gatos, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Campbell, Los Altos, Sunnyvale and Mountain View. The CBT Center offers personalized, compassionate and scientifically based therapy for specific anxiety disorders including generalized anxiety, panic disorder, phobias, OCD and obsessive compulsive spectrum disorders, social anxiety and PTSD as well as related problems such as depression, eating and sleep disorders. The average client is seeking CBT-oriented therapy for a specific problem and is motivated to get better.
To be considered for a job, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and answers to the questions below:
- What type of training and experience have you had in CBT and/or other evidence-based therapies?
- What is your experience with treating anxiety disorders, OCD and/or eating disorders?
- Please briefly describe a case you have treated using CBT. What were the treatment goals? What was your case conceptualization? What strategies for change did you use? How did you evaluate results?
- What days and hours are you available to work at the CBT Center?
- Why do you want to work for the CBT Center? What are your short and long term career goals?
Please do not call or email to inquire about the status of the job or your application. Unfortunately, due to our busy schedule, we can only respond to candidates we are interested in.