“I believe therapy is most helpful when the client feels empowered. I’m drawn to practicing Cognitive Behavior Therapy due to its goal-oriented focus and the practical tools and skills it offers to help cause positive changes in my clients’ lives. In the context of a supportive and trusting therapeutic relationship, I help clients explore their strengths as well as maladaptive behaviors and thoughts. I respectfully challenge clients to modify those ineffectual beliefs and actions in pursuit of meeting their goals. As a clinician, I am compassionate and find great joy in watching my clients’ grow and gain relief from unnecessary pain and struggles.”
- MA, Santa Clara University, Counseling Psychology
- MA, George Washington University, Educational Policy
- BA, Gordon College, History and Middle School Education
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapy #88969
- Supervised by Caitlyn Oscarson, LMFT, #51585
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Sacramento Valley, Saratoga, CA, 2017-present, Marriage & Family Therapist Intern: Provide individual and family therapy to adults, teens, children and families with a focus on anxiety disorders and OCD.
- Cupertino Union School District, Marriage and Family Therapy Intern, August 2015-June 2016: Provided school based therapy to individuals, families, and groups at Hyde Middle School. Facilitated multiple groups to develop social skills.
- Community Health Awareness Council, Marriage and Family Therapy Trainee, August 2014-June 2015: Provided counseling services to individuals, families, and groups in a school-based setting. Provided individual counseling services to adults in the clinic.
Special Areas of Interest:
- Anxiety Disorders and OCD in Children, Adults and Teens
- Women’s anxiety and depression surrounding infertility, pregnancy, and new motherhood
- Developmental life transitions for young adults, 18-24
Kimberly is an East Coast transplant, most recently from Washington, D.C. She lives in San Jose with her husband, daughter, and their dachshund-pug, Argyle. She loves being with her family, trying new recipes, singing in the car, and traveling when she is able.