The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley specializes in evidence-based therapy for teenagers experiencing anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorders and other anxiety-related issues. We offer practical, goal-oriented therapy for teenagers struggling with the following problems:
Anxiety Disorders in Teenagers in Saratoga/San Jose
- Generalized Anxiety and Worry in Teens
- Depression in Teens
- Social Anxiety and Excessive Shyness in Teens
- School Anxiety and Stress in Teens
- Panic Disorder in Teens
- Insomnia/Sleep Problems
- Phobias in Teens
- Trauma/PTSD in Teens
Obsessive Compulsive Disorders in Teenagers in Saratoga/San Jose
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) in Teens
- Hypochondriasis/Health Anxiety in Teens
- Trichotillomania/Hair Pulling in Teens
- Skin Picking in Teens
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder/Body Image Issues in Teens
Eating Disorders in Teenagers in Saratoga/San Jose
- Anorexia in Teens
- Bulimia in Teens
- Binge Eating Disorder in Teens
Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Teenagers in Saratoga/San Jose
Cognitive Behavior Therapy, known as “CBT,” is a practical, goal-oriented form of therapy that is focused on the present and future to help your teen solve current problems. CBT is the most heavily researched from of therapy and is the “gold standard” for anxiety disorders, OCD, eating disorders and many other problems. In CBT, your teen will learn skills to increase positive emotions, optimism and resilience while letting go of unhelpful ways of thinking, problematic behaviors and intense emotions. The unique features of CBT include:
- Goal-Oriented: Your teen won’t just talk about their problems. Your therapist will help your teen set clear, measurable goals for therapy and develop action plans to reach them. We’ll monitor progress toward reaching your teen’s goals using brief surveys.
- Evidence-Based and Personalized: In hundreds of research studies, CBT has been shown to be effective for a wide variety of problems. While your teen’s therapist keeps up to date with the latest research for the problems she treats, your teen’s treatment plan will be personalized to his/her unique needs.
- Practical and Concrete: Your teen’s therapist will make every effort to keep every session focused and relevant to working on the problems your teen wants addressed in therapy. We won’t deviate to other topics unless they seem relevant to reaching your teen’s goals.
- Active and Collaborative: In CBT, your teen and his/her therapist are partners. Your teen will be expected to take an active role in therapy sessions and to complete homework assignments in between sessions.
- Compassionate and Client-Oriented: While helping your teen make positive changes in your life, your teen’s therapist will listen, empathize and develop a safe and trusting relationship with your teen.
How to Get Help for Your Teen in San Jose/Saratoga
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley is located in Saratoga on the border of San Jose and Saratoga just 1/2 mile from Highway 85. With our convenient location near highway 85, we serve the Silicon Valley communities of San Jose, Saratoga, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Cupertino and Campbell, CA. Contact us at (408) 384-8404 for more information on how we can help your teen.