Anxiety and OCD Therapy Specialists in Saratoga/San Jose
Our clients seek us out specifically because we are highly specialized and extensively trained in the various types of anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD). As a result, the CBT Center is able to provide you with a high level of service and expertise in treating anxiety and OCD. This can translate into better results in achieving your goals and maintaining progress over the long term.
Our therapy style is practical, goal-oriented, client-focused and strength-based in order to help you and your loved ones make positive changes in your lives. We stand out for:
- Our passion for helping our clients with evidence-based treatments to overcome problems related to anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorders;
- Our understanding of our client’s problems and our genuine caring for our clients’ welfare;
- Our relentless pursuit of scientific knowledge to remain on the cutting edge of Anxiety and OCD treatment so we can help you and your loved ones transform your lives.
Focus Areas: Anxiety and OCD
We believe we can be most effective with deep knowledge in a few focus areas rather than trying to be all things to all people. Our focus areas include cognitive behavior therapy for the various anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) including:
- Generalized anxiety (GAD), panic disorder, agoraphobia, specific phobias, social anxiety, selective mutism and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and OCD spectrum disorders such as trichotillomania/hair pulling, dermatillomania/skin picking, hypochondriasis/health anxiety, body dysmorphic disorder and tic disorders/tourette syndrome
In addition, we treat related problems that commonly co-occur with anxiety and OCD such as insomnia/sleep issues, eating disorders and depression. If we feel your needs are out of our scope of expertise, we will refer you to another specialist in that specific area.
About the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley
The therapists at the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center are empathic, understanding and committed to providing high quality, evidence-based therapy for our clients. All of our therapists are employees of the CBT Center and receive ongoing training in CBT for anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD) to ensure we are all delivering high quality, evidence-based treatments for your problems. This ensures you will receive “real” cognitive behavior therapy based on the best practices in the field no matter which therapist you see. We have several Cognitive Behavior Therapists at our CBT Center in Saratoga/San Jose. During the telephone screening call, we will match you with the best therapist to meet your needs and schedule.
About Our Center Director
Laura Johnson, MBA, MA, LMFT, LPCC, is the Director of the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley. Laura is passionate about CBT and providing evidence-based therapy to our clients with anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD). As a certified cognitive therapist specializing in anxiety and OCD, Laura has advanced training in CBT for all the many specific forms of anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorders for adults, children and teenagers. Laura completed the year-long extramural training program at the prestigious Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Philadelphia and is a Diplomate (certified cognitive therapist) of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. Laura completed intensive training in DBT through BehavioralTech and is a graduate of the OCD Foundation’s Behavior Therapy Training Institute. Laura is currently working on her certification in behavior analysis. Read more about Laura Johnson’s background.
We are conveniently located in Saratoga, CA, on the border of San Jose, Los Gatos and Cupertino and just a 1/2 mile from Highway 85 and the Saratoga Avenue exit. From this central location, we serve the Silicon Valley communities of San Jose, Saratoga, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Cupertino, Campbell, Santa Cara, Mountain View, Los Altos and Sunnyvale. Click here for directions to our office.
Is Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) a Fit for You?
In hundreds of research studies, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) has been shown to be effective for adults, children and teenagers with anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD). Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) may be a fit for you or your family member if:
- You are looking for a practical, goal-oriented type of therapy focused on helping you solve your current problems.
- You want to get better and are willing to invest time and effort in practicing skills in between sessions.
- You are willing to examine your thinking and actions to see if you can make changes that will help you feel better.
- You like the idea of an evidence-based approach that has been validated in hundreds of research studies.
What Types of Anxiety and OCD Issues are Treated with Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)?
Anxiety Disorders in Adults, Children and Teens:
- Generalized Anxiety (GAD) Therapy in Saratoga/San Jose
- Panic Attacks/Panic Disorder Therapy in Saratoga/San Jose
- Specific Phobia Therapy in Saratoga/San Jose
- Agoraphobia Therapy in Saratoga/San Jose
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Therapy in Saratoga/San Jose
- Social Anxiety/Social Phobia Therapy in Saratoga/San Jose
- Selective Mutism Therapy in Saratoga/San Jose
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) in Adults, Children and Teens including the many different forms of OCD such as:
- Contamination OCD, Just Right/Symmetry OCD, Scrupulosity/Religious OCD, Scrupulosity/Moral OCD, Safety Checking OCD, Pregnancy/Post-Partum OCD, Harming Others OCD, Sexually Intrusive Thoughts OCD, Sexual Orientation OCD/Gay OCD, Hit and Run OCD, Pure Obsessions/Mental Rituals OCD, Self Harming OCD, Relationship OCD and other types of OCD
OCD Spectrum Disorders in Adults, Children and Teenagers:
- Tic Disorders/Tourette Syndrome Therapy in Saratoga/San Jose including Tourettic OCD
- Hypochondria/Health Anxiety Therapy in Saratoga/San Jose
- Trichotillomania/Hair Pulling and Compulsive Skin Picking
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder Therapy in Saratoga/San Jose and body image problems
Special Populations with Anxiety and OCD:
- Child Anxiety Therapy and Counseling in Saratoga/San Jose
- Teen Anxiety Therapy and Counseling in Saratoga/San Jose
- Women with Pregnancy Anxiety/OCD and Postpartum Depression
- Gifted Children and Adults with Anxiety and OCD
Other Anxiety-Related Problems:
- Depression Counseling in Saratoga/San Jose - stress and anxiety are often linked with depression
- Insomnia/Sleep Counseling in Saratoga/San Jose - getting good sleep can often alleviate many other mental health problems such as anxiety, OCD and depression
- Eating Disorder Therapy and Counseling in Saratoga/San Jose – we tend to treat eating disorders where anxiety and/or obsessive compulsive disorder is the primary problem
Serving the Silicon Valley communities of Saratoga, San Jose, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Cupertino, Campbell, Mountain View, Los Altos, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara, CA
San Jose Therapy Counseling • Saratoga Therapy Counseling • Los Gatos Therapy Counseling • Monte Sereno Therapy Counseling • Cupertino Therapy Counseling • Campbell Therapy Counseling • Mountain View Therapy Counseling • Los Altos Therapy Counseling • Sunnyvale Therapy Counseling • Santa Clara Therapy Counseling