The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley offers practical, goal-oriented therapy to help you and your loved ones make positive changes in your lives. We specialize in personalized, evidence-based therapy for adults, children and teenagers with anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and related problems. We stand out for our passion for cognitive and behavioral therapies, our understanding and caring for our clients, and our relentless pursuit of advanced training and knowledge to deliver more effective therapy to our clients.
Our focus areas include cognitive behavior therapy for all of the various anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorders including:
- Generalized anxiety (GAD), panic disorder, agoraphobia, specific phobias, social anxiety, selective mutism and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and OCD spectrum disorders such as trichotillomania/hair pulling, dermatillomania/skin picking, hypochondriasis/health anxiety, body dysmorphic disorder and tic disorders/tourette syndrome
About the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley
The therapists at the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley are empathic, understanding and committed to providing high quality, evidence-based therapy for our clients. All of our therapists are employees of the CBT Center and receive ongoing training in CBT to ensure we are all delivering high quality, evidence-based treatments for your problems. This ensures you will receive cognitive behavior therapy based on the best practices in the field no matter which therapist you see. We have several Cognitive Behavior Therapists at our Center. During the telephone screening call, we will match you with the best therapist to meet your needs and schedule.
About Our Center Director
Laura Johnson, MBA, MA, LMFT, LPCC, is the Director of the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley. Laura is passionate about CBT and providing evidence-based therapy to our clients. As a certified cognitive therapist specializing in anxiety-related problems, Laura has in-depth knowledge and advanced training in CBT for all the many specific forms of anxiety, OCD and eating disorders for adults, children and teenagers. Laura completed the year-long extramural training program at the prestigious Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Philadelphia and is a Diplomate (certified cognitive therapist) of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. Laura completed intensive training in DBT through BehavioralTech and is a graduate of the OCD Foundation’s Behavior Therapy Training Institute. Laura is currently working on her certification in behavior analysis. Read more about Laura Johnson’s background.
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley specializes in cognitive behavior therapy for adults, children and teenagers with anxiety, OCD and eating disorders. The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley is located at 1475 Saratoga Avenue on the border of San Jose and Saratoga by Westgate Mall. With our convenient location in between 85 and 280, we serve the Silicon Valley communities of San Jose, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Monte Sereno, Los Altos, Cupertino and Campbell, CA.
What Makes Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) Unique?
In hundreds of research studies, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) has been shown to be effective for adults, children and teenagers with anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and eating disorders. Cognitive Behavior Therapy, known as CBT for short, is a family of cognitive and behavioral therapies that have the following characteristics in common: evidence-based, goal-oriented, practical, concrete, active and collaborative. Based on continual research, many different CBT treatments have evolved for specific problems. At the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center, we keep up with the latest research so we can offer you the best treatment for your problems. Read this New York Times articles to find out why it is important to find a Cognitive Behavior Therapist who adheres to the full evidence-based CBT model.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) may be a fit for you or your family member if:
- You are looking for a practical, goal-oriented type of therapy focused on helping you solve your current problems.
- You want to get better and are willing to invest time and effort in practicing skills in between sessions.
- You are willing to examine your thinking and actions to see if you can make changes that will help you feel better.
- You like the idea of an evidence-based approach that has been validated in hundreds of research studies.
What Problems are Treated with Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)?
Anxiety Disorders in Adults, Children and Teens:
- Generalized Anxiety (GAD)
- Panic Attacks/Panic Disorder
- Specific Phobias
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Insomnia/Sleep Problems due to Anxiety
- Social Anxiety/Social Phobia and Selective Mutism
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) including the many different forms of OCD such as Contamination OCD, Just Right/Symmetry OCD, Scrupulosity/Religious OCD, Scrupulosity/Moral OCD, Safety Checking OCD, Postpartum OCD, Harming Others OCD, Sexually Intrusive Thoughts OCD, Sexual Orientation OCD/Gay OCD, Hit and Run OCD, Pure Obsessions/Mental Rituals OCD, Self Harming OCD, Relationship OCD and other types of OCD
- Tic Disorders/Tourette Syndrome including Torettic OCD
- Hypochodriasis/Excessive Health Anxiety
- Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors including Trichotillomania/Hair Pulling and Compulsive Skin Picking
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder and body image problems
- Eating Disorders including anorexia, bulimia, binge eating and counseling for bariatric surgery
- Childhood Anxiety Disorders including Generalized Anxiety/Worry, Excessive Shyness/Social Anxiety, Selective Mutism, Separation Anxiety, School Anxiety/School Refusal, Phobias,
- Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum Disorders including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Tic Disorders/Tourette Syndrome, Trichotillomia/Hair Pulling and Compulsive Skin Picking
- Other Common Childhood Disorders including Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Behavior Problems
- Teen Anxiety Disorders including Generalized Anxiety/Worry, Depression, Social Anxiety, School Anxiety and Academic Stress, Panic Disorder, Phobias and Trauma/PTSD
- Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum Disorders including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Hypochondriasis/Health Anxiety, Trichotillomania/Hair Pulling, Chronic Skin Picking and Body Dysmorphic Disorder/Body Image Problems
- Eating Disorders co-morbid with anxiety and OCD including Anorexia, Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorder
- New and Expecting Moms with Pregnancy Anxiety, Postpartum OCD, Postpartum Depression, New Mom Parenting Anxiety, and Generalized Anxiety regarding children’s safety, health and academics
- Women’s Issues including Infertility Stress, Depression and Anxiety, Miscarriage Anxiety and Depression, Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder and Perimenapause Anxiety and Mood Swings
- Professional and Managerial Women with Work-Life Balance Problems, Work-Related Anxiety and Stress and Work-Related Social and Performance Anxiety
Serving the Silicon Valley communities of San Jose, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Monte Sereno, Cupertino, Campbell, Mountain View, Los Altos, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara, CA
San Jose Therapy Counseling • Saratoga Therapy Counseling • Los Gatos Therapy Counseling • Monte Sereno Therapy Counseling • Cupertino Therapy Counseling • Campbell Therapy Counseling • Mountain View Therapy Counseling • Los Altos Therapy Counseling • Sunnyvale Therapy Counseling • Santa Clara Therapy Counseling