The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley offers practical, goal-oriented therapy to help you and your loved ones make positive changes in your lives. We specialize in cognitive behavior therapy for adults, children and teenagers with anxiety, OCD and eating disorders. Our focus areas include cognitive behavior therapy for all of the various anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorders including:
- Anxiety disorders including generalized anxiety (GAD), panic disorder, agoraphobia, specific phobias, social anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) including OCD spectrum disorders such as trichotillomania (hair pulling), hypochondriasis (health anxiety) and body dysmorphic disorder.
- In addition, we treat related problems that commonly co-occur with anxiety and OCD such as insomnia/sleep issues, eating disorders and depression.
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley is located at 1475 Saratoga Avenue on the San Jose/Saratoga border (near Westgate Mall) and serves the nearby communities of San Jose, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Palo Alto, Cupertino and Campbell.
What Makes Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) Unique?
In hundreds of research studies, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) has been shown to be effective for adults, children and teenagers with anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and eating disorders. Cognitive Behavior Therapy, known as CBT for short, is a family of cognitive and behavioral therapies that have the following characteristics in common: evidence-based, goal-oriented, practical, concrete, active and collaborative. Based on continual research, many different CBT treatments have evolved for specific problems. At the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center, we keep up with the latest research so we can offer you the best treatment for your problems. Read this New York Times articles to find out why it is important to find a Cognitive Behavior Therapist who adheres to the full evidence-based CBT model.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) may be a fit for you or your family member if:
- You are looking for a practical, goal-oriented type of therapy focused on helping you solve your current problems.
- You want to get better and are willing to invest time and effort in practicing skills in between sessions.
- You are willing to examine your thinking and actions to see if you can make changes that will help you feel better.
- You like the idea of an evidence-based approach that has been validated in hundreds of research studies.
What Problems are Treated with Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)?
- Generalized Anxiety (GAD)
- Panic Attacks/Panic Disorder
- Specific Phobias
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Insomnia/Sleep Problems due to Anxiety
- Social Anxiety/Social Phobia
OCD and OCD Spectrum Disorders:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Trichotillomania/Hair Pulling
- Dermatillomania/Skin Picking
- Hypochondriasis/Health Anxiety
- Eating Disorders
About the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley specializes in cognitive behavior therapy for adults, children and teenagers with anxiety, OCD and eating disorders. The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley is located at 1475 Saratoga Avenue on the border of San Jose and Saratoga by Westgate Mall. With our convenient location between highways 85 and 280, we serve the Silicon Valley communities of San Jose, Saratoga, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Palo Alto, Cupertino and Campbell, CA.
About Our Center Director
Laura Johnson, MBA, MA, LMFT, LPCC, is the Director of the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley. As a certified cognitive therapist specializing in anxiety-related problems, Laura has in-depth knowledge and advanced training in CBT for all the many specific forms of anxiety, OCD and eating disorders for adults, children and teenagers. Laura completed the year-long extramural training program at the prestigious Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Philadelphia and is a Diplomate of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. Among her many other credentials, Laura completed intensive training in DBT through BehavioralTech and is a graduate of the OCD Foundation’s Behavior Therapy Training Institute. Read more about Laura Johnson’s background.
We have several Cognitive Behavior Therapists at our Center. Laura provides ongoing training to the CBT Center’s licensed therapists to ensure we are all delivering high quality, evidence-based treatment for your problems. This ensures you will receive cognitive behavior therapy based on the best practices in the field no matter which therapist you see. During the telephone screening call, we will match you with the best therapist to meet your needs and schedule.
CBT Center Newsletter
If you enjoy our articles, then you can subscribe to our newsletter by clicking below. That way, you will be kept informed of all new articles and other news at the CBT Center.
Serving the Silicon Valley communities of San Jose, Saratoga, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Cupertino, Campbell, Mountain View, Los Altos, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto and Santa Clara, CA
San Jose Therapy Counseling • Saratoga Therapy Counseling • Los Gatos Therapy Counseling • Monte Sereno Therapy Counseling • Cupertino Therapy Counseling • Campbell Therapy Counseling • Mountain View Therapy Counseling • Los Altos Therapy Counseling • Sunnyvale Therapy Counseling • Santa Clara Therapy Counseling